Sunday, January 08, 2006

Super Soft Afghan



Description first: Just ignore the monkey! This is really just a bigger version of the Super Easy Baby Blanket. For this one I used #13 US circular needles not connecting in the round but just knitting back and forth. Yarn used was 4 strands held together of various strands (2 wstd wt, 1 baby wt, 1 spt...for example). My gauge was a bit tighter than the baby blanket (see super easy baby blanket pattern) because of the smaller needles.

Pattern: co about 120 sts (very loosely or go one size up on needles for cast on and off). Knit the whole thing back and forth adding in yarn as it is used up (I used up tons of scraps in my stash). I just kept knitting the whole thing until it was bigger than a twin bed and then bound off. Weave in all ends.

Comments: Use at least one or two softer yarns or baby yarns to add real softness. My son stole this one after the monkey did and uses it on his bed (even though this one has alot of baby pastels--its soft). You can fringe the ends of the blanket if you like or add tons of pompoms or whatnots to it to jazz it up. The 4 different yarns give it nice varying color patterns. Happy stash reduction!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Aussie Soran said...

Thanks for sharing your super-easy blanket/afghan patterns - good confidence builders. Getting used to handling those larger needles really fast. I like your idea of using the larger needles for cast on - nobody suggested that when I couldn't knit because my cast-ons got so tight that I couldn't get my needles into it to knit.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful blankies! I love the pom poms on the corners. Thanks for sharing. :o)

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Touchetcrochet Free Patterns.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]